Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pollo a la Brasa in Berkeley



Pollo a la Brasa is Peruvian Rotisserie chicken and it’s fantastic. It’s one of the Peruvian foods I miss most.  The other day I was walking around Berkeley with some friends and I walked past this place called “Brasa”. I did a double take at the name and quickly realized it was a Peruvian restaurant.
I went in to investigate and at one look at their menu I knew it was a legit Peruvian place. Of course they had Pollo a la Brasa but they also had Chicha Morada, a purple corn drink and Cusquena, the beer of choice in Cusco, Peru. I was so excited.
I ordered the chicken sandwich and the Chicha Morada. It was just like I was back in Peru! I highly recommend this place for anyone in the bay area, and if you find a Pollo a la Brasa place anywhere else let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment